News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

MP3 DEMO : vArranger + HyperSonic2 + BEBOP Tyros3 !

Started by Dan, January 31, 2012, 10:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I just installed the VST Hypersonic 2 on my computer who is GM compliant.

I loaded on the vArranger software, the Tyros 3 Bebop style, who sounds amazing to my ears

I added the chords with the SONG CHORDS feature

HERE is the MP3 recording of the result, direct out from the VST host, with NO tweaking at all.

http://www.varranger.com/demo/vArrangerTyros3Bebop.mp3

It's amazing that we can create a quality backing track in less than 5 minutes !!

Gerard

I can't get vArranger to use Hypersonic 2.

And did you get my email?
Thanks.

Gerard

Gerard

Actually I have it connected but no sound coming out.
Hypersonic has the style loaded.
It is receiving the notes when I start but no sound.

Admin

You have to click on SETUP then light the GM button on Hypersonic 2

Gerard

Got it working fine.
I had to reboot for some reason.
Sounds are amazing.
I found a couple of glitches.
If you use the sound Pedal Steel, for example, Hypersonic pulls up Karimba Drums.
And on some .PAT styles, you have to mute the PERC channel because of a wrong setting also.
If all the differences can be changed to ones that work, this may even be better than the Ketron SD2.
Gerard

Dan

Hi Gerard,

- I suggest you to test YAMAHA styles with HyperSonic, not KETRON styles, because they need the LiveDrums.
- On the MIDI PORTS screen, close to MIDI OUT 1, select GM and no KETRON SD2

I think Pedal Steel doesn't exist on the GM sounds.

You can also use a mix of Hypersonic sounds + SD2 too !

Of course, the sound could be amazing, even better than SD2 on some sounds

Dan

Gerard

Dan

Yes Gerard, you did not get my answer (sent from my phone)?

I will try to find again my answer

Dan

This is your message :)

QuoteHi Dan,

On vArranger, this is by far the best software that actually in some ways is better than many hardware arrangers.
When I first started using it, I was a little skeptical.
As the days went on, using it, I became more and more elated with how good it really is!
Almost all the features from the hardware arrangers, you have captured very nicely in this stand alone package.
The only feature that is lacking, as I mentioned on the forum, is a harmony function.
Once that is in place, I can foresee even more sales for vArranger.

If I can get some time, I am going to put the pictures in the English manual and post it.

I already sold my Audya 76 and I am going to sell my Audya 4. I just put the 128mb memory expansion in it.

I am working on trying to use virtual synth modules, to use Soundfonts and get the latency so it can be used in realtime.

Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful virtual arranger.
Regards,
Gerard

Thank you for your nice message !

Gerard

I installed the Hypersonic 2 on my win7 64bit computer and it works perfectly.
I just installed it on my main win7 64 bit computer and when I try and run it, I get the message"VSTI player has stopped working".
It will not come up.
I even copied all the files from my other computer.
Do I have something installed on the first computer that I do not have installed on the second?
If so, I do not know what it is.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gerard

Admin

If it is a legal version, it is a hypersonic bug, ...Try loading the vst dll with another vst host, like cantabile

Gerard

Hi,
Thanks for the tip.
I installed Cantabile Lite, that one is free, and it works great.

I found if I always MUTE the PERC track almost all the styles I tried work.
Some voices need to be tweaked also.

It can be a nice backup also if your hardware breaks.

Gerard

Dan

Yes, Just take a laptop and a lightweight USB KB :)

Bernie9

Bernie9

Dan

Gerard

I just bought Halion Sonic from musiciansfriend.com for $124.99. It is the educational edition for teachers.
I may be asked by them for teaching credentials, and I have a corporation for training that should work.
I am curious to see how much better it is than the HyperSonic 2.

Gerard

Dan

jimmiez

Would you be willing to post your steps on how varranger+hypersonic+bebop work together. I am thinking of like
Step 1. Do this
Step 2. Do this
Step 3. Etc

I know for experience V players this wouldn't be of any interest but for those individuals like me about to take the leap and purchase the V it would be extremely helpful.  Thanks

Dan

Ok Jimmiez. Here is how I did.

- Install a virtual midi cable like this, to connect the 2 applications. http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/loopMIDI.html
- Run the vArranger software
- Run the Hypersonic software.
- On vArranger MIDI OUT, you select the "hypersonic" midi IN
- On Hypersonic MIDI IN, you select the "vArranger midi OUT

Now, every notes generated by vArranger will be received by hypersonic, who will transform them into a nice sound on your speakers

Then to create this song, I loaded the bebop style on vArranger, and put some chords in a grid (vArranger song chords), and press play.

Don't rush to buy the Halion sonic software now.

jimmiez

Thanks. Don't buy the software now?  You have some other ideas? 

Dan

They are many options, so don't rush :)

Gerard just bought it. He will test and will tell us.

By the way, it seems to be a good product, with sounds like Yamaha motif. A little "old school" compared to new VST.

But I have to test it before telling you

ninh

Hi Dan,Gerard and everyone.

It seems to be quiet after having the new 1.15 vArranger version so I just want to stir it up a bit.  Could Dan, Gerard or anyone give me some Pros and Cons about the soft synth Halion sonic please.

Thanks,

Ninh

jan1kow

Can somebody explain what this is all about?
For those of us that are not familiar what plugins are etc.
What does it do?
does it play styles?
Do you need a midi sound source (SD2)
if not where is the sound source from.
more basic info please?
jon

Dan

Hi Jon, Ninh,

VSTi are sounds instruments played by the computer.
They are alternative to the Ketron SD2, or adding some sounds in conjunction to the SD2

I am playing with the Halion Sonic VST now many days. I ve found some bugs, and asked to Steinberg some corrections and new features.
We will see if they will listen to me.

Some sounds in Halion sonic are very good. I am improving vArranger to sound better out of the box with Halion Sonic.
The main problem for now is that vArranger can't ask to Halion Sonic to play 2 drum tracks, and most of styles are using 2 drum tracks.

If you are only playing at home, you can change the drum 2 track manually in Halion Sonic.

I will record some demos soon, so you can hear by yourself

jan1kow

Dan
This sounds like more time is needed to by everyone to try and test what may seem to be an interesting new tool.
I will keep looking at the developments etc. on the forum
jon

jan1kow

Im still not clear on what product I should be looking at.
You talk about Halicon Hypersonic2 OR Halicon Sonic.
The forum link is for Sonic but the vArranger forum subject heading is for Hypersonic 2
Are they the same ?
Please clairfy
jon

Dan

Steinberg created a software called HyperSonic, then they released HyperSonic2, then they released HalionSonic.
It's new vesions of the same concept, but different softwares

ninh

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your quick feed back .
I was about to buy this software because I really want to down sizing my equipment to the max  but now I think I should wait a bit longer. If there is any improving between Steinberg and vArranger, please share.

Thanks Dan and everyone,

Ninh

jan1kow

Thanks Dan.
As usual in this modern hi tech music world nothing is simple or straightforward. lol
jon

Gerard

Hi All,
If you are buying the Halion Sonic, you should be able to get the education version for $125 USD.
Try eBay or Musiciandsfriend.

I have replaced many of the standard GM sounds in Halion Sonic with better sounds in Halion Sonic.
The better sounds are bigger but do not take a long time to load.

If you need to know how to do it, let me know.

Eventually, I can see this replacing the SD2, if Dan can get it tweaked.

The sampled sounds are amazing!

Gerard

Bernie9

How would you qualify for an education discount ?
I mean the average Joe.
Bernie

Gerard

Bernie,
Anybody can get it.

Make sure you look for the educational version, which is the same as the normal one.

They do not check for credentials.

I saw it on eBay for $124.99.

Gerard

Bernie9

ninh

Thanks Gerard for the info. I will need your help when I buy it.

Ninh

Gerard

I went to musiciansfriend.com and did a search for Halion Sonic.

There will be 2 listings.

One for $124.99 and the other one $200+.

Guess which one you should get. LOL

Gerard

Bernie9

I just ordered it.  Now you guys can help me use it.

Hopefully,
Bernie

Bernie9

In reading the manual, it states that the software will not run without the e-licenser.  The USB dongle.  I did not know this and didn't buy the extra $24 item.

Is this true ?

Dan

Bernie9

I have ordered that also.  I hope that will do it.

ninh

Hi all,

I just found that the Halion Sonic is not compatible with Window XP. My MIDI guitar is currently working with window XP. Is there any other good steinberg software that works with XP and varranger? Does any one have any experience with Halion player?

Thanks,

ninh

Thank you Dan for checking this for me and for other members of varranger forum. It's a good thing to know.
I love this forum. Any questions there will be the answers especially for people who have less experience like me.
Thanks again,

Ninh

ninh

Hi Dan and everyone,

Will Halion 4 work with varranger?

Thanks

Dan

It should, but why you need the full Halion?
If you don't need to create and play your own samples, Halion Sonic is enough.

Dan

In the French section, some users recorded some demos of vArranger + Halion Sonic :
http://www.varranger.fr/vforum/index.php?topic=687

ninh

Hi Dan,

The reason I asked because I can buy it in town where I live instead of ordering plus shipping. The academic pricing for Halion 4 is $200.00 canadian dollars($50.00 more than Halion sonic which is not in town)  and the key is $26.00. I can get it in half an hour.
If I buy Halion 4, do I need any other soft ware to go with it or just install and it's ready to play?

Thanks for the link. I heard some of the other mp3 from the French forum too, sound really cool.

Thanks Dan,

Dan

I don't really know. No one own Halion 4 here....